Dead of Night
Eat-Em-Up Update is now live!
As the title suggests, the new Eat-Em-Up mode is now live! This mode is score based, where the object is to eat as many people as possible and get a high score. There are 3 levels to run around in and cause as much chaos as you can!
There has been a good few changes, bug fixes and additions with this update as well. So lets go through them...
- Extra music has been added to the game! Four new tracks are now in the story mode, and Eat-Em-Up has its own music as well.
- A few extra sound effects have been added - mainly to do with menu navigation / inventory selection. There were sound effects to the drips in the sewer but they were muted at one time for testing and never turned back up, this has been fixed.
- Options menu has been re-arranged and an Audio Menu has been added. A main volume control is in there to allow people to adjust the volume, and also a music player has been included. Also the music and sound effects were reduced slightly as to not be as loud.
- Normal mode now has double the length of time per night when the player is on the mainland. Hard mode stays the same.
- When pausing it is now an actual PAUSE rather than asking if the player wants to quit - pressing Enter or A on the controller while paused will ask the player if they want to quit.
- Fullscreen is now fully stretched to the monitor and looks to scale properly. this will look stretched vertically if you are using a 4:3 monitor as the game was designed more for widescreen monitors.
-Hunters code has been rewritten and should be a 'little' less deadly / less glitchy.
- People had their code rewritten for when they are scared. Sometimes they would get stuck bouncing between two places to run to (like the police station and a phonebox for instance) so this has now been fixed so the person picks somewhere and sticks to it.
- Police will now turn around when standing over a dead body / chalk outline. They wont be as easy to sneak up on.
- The butcher door (which I thought was fixed :@ ) has now been fixed. The back gate will now open every other night as intended.
- The cat in story mode would stay in the same spot and not move about every night after a load. This has been fixed.
- When leaving the mainland / coming back there was the potential for enemies to spawn and run out of their boundaries. Fixed.
There will be a small update in the next few weeks to add a few more sound effects - namely when Vlad dies to sunlight and also when he flies in to attack a person. Also bug fixes. A Steam Leaderboard is also on my mind, so stay tuned for that.
I want to add more levels to Eat-Em-Up in the future, but the next big update will focus on the continuation of Story Mode. I want this to be finished in time for Halloween.
Again, any issues or bugs (and I'd be very surprised if there were none) let me know!
Get Dead of Night
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.